Sunday, April 4, 2010

Major Festive Weekend!!

Maria's 13th birthday was Saturday and Easter today! :) So we've been doing much celebrating and much sugar consuming! ;)

Maria is now a teenager!! She's been counting the days since about Christmas! ;) She's very excited to finally be a teenager!

The Easter egg hunt this morning was fun! Little Beatrice turned out to be a pro egg finder! She actually found one first thing with all the lights out.

Now all the kids are on a complete and total sugar high. Including Dylan. I don't know why I continue with the cinnamon roll Easter breakfast ritual - it's too much!! :) Dylan had some of my cinnamon roll and then demolished a peep ;) He just gets so happy when he gets to eat stuff that everyone eats.

I know, I haven't updated this blog in forever!!! I had been busy on Facebook. But I've even slacked off on facebook lately. Incidentally, I'm going to try to upload some new photos there within the next day or two. It's too much work to upload them here and re-arrange them and all that... ;) and y'all know I'm pretty lazy ;)

Anyway, the kids are all doing great - it never ceases to amaze me how quickly they grow!! Dylan is already crawling and pulling himself up and cruising around the furniture! And he's moving up to cut up solid foods like bananas, mac & cheese and spaghetti o's ;)

Beatrice is talking like nobody's business! She's so funny too :) Last weekend Uncle Pat stopped over and when she saw him she said "what's up?" She knows she's funny too :)

Duncan, well he's about the same :) Learning and piecing things together every day. The other day at the dinner table he asked me if I was going to grow another person out of my tummy! Haha!!!

Maria - she's about the same too - but a year older ;) She's doing great in band, had a blast with basketball, and doing well in school (as always!). She's going to try-outs for state honors band the weekend of May 1st!

Mike is busy making plans and gathering wood for the tree house! :)

And I am busy being obsessed with things cloth diaper related - especially wool diaper covers ;) I won't go into much detail, so as not to bore you all to tears ;) I am also teaching a 3 week workshop for the next 3 Fridays on business writing :) Should be fun!

So there you have it :) Hopefully I will get pics posted on facebook within the next couple of days.

3 comments:

ally said...

so funny that you updated the blog recently as well, mom will be superexcited!!

sandy said...

Sounds like you and the kids continue to be busy. I'll miss you not posting pics here, as I really don't use FB that way. I much prefer the longer interaction that takes place blogging over a quick sentence on FB. I'm constantly having to go back and delete words there which annoys the H out of me.

I've not bothered to load but a couple of ID pics there.

Take Care, enjoy the spring and don't be such a stranger. Miss your more regular visits.

Sandy

Sandy said...

Only me again....checking up on ya.

Sandy