Friday, June 13, 2008

Iowa's Best Burger?


I know, I know, I've been keeping you all in suspense about our trip last Saturday to taste Iowa's best burger :) It's been a busy week!




Here is what I typed up on our way home from the trip: We took the trip to Iowa's Best Burger Cafe today. Well, maybe we hyped it up too much or were looking forward to it too much, but it was a little bit of a disappointment. It wasn't bad, but it definitely was not the best burger in Iowa. The food was really fast and cheap. The food came within about 10 minutes of ordering.





Of course as soon as we sat down and started looking at the menu, Duncan decided to poop. He stood up in the booth, got all serious and watery-eyed ;) Right after we ordered I went to the car and changed the stinky boy and the food was there when we got back. Almost as fast as McD's. And it cost our family of 4 food eaters $25, and that included ice cream cones. That's about what we pay at McD's without any dessert.
The experience was a tad on the sucky side. They had a bunch of those cheap fast food booths crammed in with very little space to walk. They did have a booster seat for Duncan, but no high chair for Beatrice. Just try eating anything with a squirmy, grabby 9 1/2 month old :) it was a challenge. I think she grabbed my food about 5 times and about pulled it off the table a time or two.

The funnest thing was trying to eat my ice cream cone before it melted all over! The second we stepped outside they all started melting! Maria and Mike got in the air conditioned car quickly, but I wasn't quite fast enough :) my cone was dripping all over the place, and as it was chocolate, I decided just to stay out of the car. Some guy was walking in with his kids and said "I guess it's a day to get it in a bowl."

All in all it was a nice drive. It was so hot and humid, to which our little window air conditioner does little to alleviate... it was good to get out and do something adventurous.

No comments: