Monday, October 6, 2008

Harvest Time

The weekend before last was the beginning of the cranberry harvest for the tribal cranberry marsh - which Mike's brother Pat runs. Amazingly, Maria and I had never gone by while the harvest was going on, so we made a point to go by this time.
It was pretty neat. They drive this big machine around that knocks the berries off the vines. You can see in the close up picture that the water looks red because there are tons of cranberries floating around on the water.






























And I just had to share this cute picture of Beatrice sitting on daddy's lap and hugging her Eeyore.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Looks like hard work. Such a cute picture there at the end. Someone looks tired...little guy.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the harvest and the fall color. Makes me want to go north. Copper Falls when went the trail kicked my butt! I know hard to believe huh! HA HA!