Thursday, October 4, 2007

Playgroup

Well, I finally took Duncan to a playgroup in Hayward. I had been meaning to go for quite some time, but always had an excuse not to go... I'm so terrible about getting out of the house! But I figured that he needs to socialize with other kids his age, and I should socialize as well... I wasn't sure how he would do, but I let him out of the stroller and he took off and only looked at me once the whole time! There were at least 7 other boys his age, some had just turned two and some were going to be two soon. For the first half hour the boys all ran around in the gym throwing huge rubber balls around. Then they all went into the two playrooms. He really seemed to get along well with the other kids. Pretty much the boys played together and the girls played together - it's funny to see them do that at that age. There was a couple of times that Duncan tried to take a toy from another boy, but I would tell him no and tell him to go find another toy and amazingly he did! And at one point he actually shared a telephone with another boy and they both did great. I was really impressed :) I thought that he may not behave very well, but he just did a really great job. At one point he climbed up on the love seat and sat with a pair of grandparents! They thought it was pretty cute. I was just surprised that he would climb up and sit with someone he didn't know.
The funny thing was that there were two other ladies there that had 2-year old boys and 6-7 week old girls! The one that was 7 weeks old was born on the same day as Beatrice! The one with the 6 week old girl also has an 8 year old daughter, so we were talking about how nice it was to have that extra pair of hands! :) She also said that this week her husband had to take the toilet off because her 2-year old son had flushed a ball down the toilet! I'm so glad Duncan doesn't have free reign over the bathroom! We had a fun day, and I plan on taking him to the play group on a regular basis. He really burned off a lot of energy!

No comments: