Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yes, it has been an entire week since I blogged!!



Maria had her veteran's day concert on Monday. That was nice because Mike had the day off, so he got to come. Good thing because he ended up having to take Duncan out due to a nice little sobbing fit. Amazingly Beatrice was good for the whole thing... go figure. All the choir kids were supposed to wear red, white and blue. Not many of them did. Maria is the one second to the left. If you click on the picture you should be able to see her better. Maria wore a red shirt, black skirt and white leggings. Well, the white leggings somehow disappeared before the recital.
Me: Looks like she took off her white leggings.
Mike: No, she's still got them on.
Me: uh, no, those are her legs.
Luckily the pictures are dark so they are not as apparent :) She had a great time anyway. She loves chorus - wants to be a singer. She wants to sing a song for the talent show in Feb. She wants to sing "Cool Rider" from Grease 2! I just don't know about that.
Maria has been teaching Duncan some new things. How fun it is to roll around on the floor :) and how to run around like Superman! :) It's really cute. And they've been having a great time at it. He also loves piggyback rides.
























So, you probably thought I wasn't going to mention that I had a birthday last weekend... the older you get, the less you want to celebrate turning another year closer to 40! ;) (or whatever the next big number is for you). Well, it was a good birthday anyway. I just spent it hanging out with my family :) I got a beautiful bouquet of lillies that are just making the kitchen smell terriffic!! A really cool Betty Crocker recipe card box (with some really awesome recipes inside!). A Stephen King book, and some really great cards! My favorite is from the kids. It says "Somebody be a dear and get me one of those pills that makes the Mommy happy" :)




Anyway, it snowed again on Friday and Saturday and then again yesterday and last night... it actually stuck last night. grumble grumble. And just thought I would throw in some more pictures as if I don't already have too many in this blog ;)




No comments: