Thursday, September 13, 2007

New Baby News!

I just heard from my sister Ally that they are expecting their second baby around the middle of April! Congrats to them! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl so I can crochet up something :) Of course boys are a little harder to crochet things (other than blankets) for as everything seems to look a little too "pretty" - even in blue :) I am finally almost done with the hats and booties that I'm making for my cousin Brad and Holly's baby boy who was born last week - a few weeks before her due date. (did you see the jealousy pouring off those words?) ;) I was going to make a blanket - got the yarn as soon as I found out the sex... but then I was so busy making things for Beatrice, and figured that I would have plenty of time after she was born to do the blanket for Henry... ? what was I thinking? ;) Hats and booties are relatively quick... so I figured that I would do up some hats and booties... One of the sets does look a little too pretty for a boy - but Mike assured me that all baby stuff has that "pretty" element to it. But the second set has been giving me problems ;) the hat was easy and I finished that really quick, but then for another pair of booties I decided to make some faux high top tennies - which are damn cute, but a little complicated... and sometimes the instructions aren't quite as clear as they should be... and with small projects like booties, one stitch too many or two few really makes a big difference... I had to undo a couple sections because I had one stitch too many... ugh :) so I finally finished one of the "courtside booties" today! The second one should go much quicker now that I figured out the first one - that's how it usually works, and that's why I usually make "firsts" for my kids first :) that way I don't have to give away projects that don't turn out quite right... Anyway... my next projects will be hats and booties for Ally's two friends who are expecting, Lisa in November (wants to be surprised by sex of baby, so she'll get some white and yellow stuff) and Angie in January (having a girl). Then I will probably be starting on Christmas gifts, which I haven't yet decided what they will be...

No comments: