Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Big Number "Tew!"






Duncan's second birthday started with a bang... when he fell out of bed at 1am! I usually slide my pillow sideways in case he rolls over when I get up to go to the bathroom or now when I get up to feed Beatrice in the middle of the night... Fortunately, he didn't get hurt.



He actually said "ello" on the phone for the first time when Emma called to wish him a happy birthday - then again when grandma called, and that time he also said "bye." I'm sure that he has no concept of age or birthdays at this point. In the morning I told him it was his birthday and that he was 2 years old! He repeated "tew" several times. Then I asked him how old he was and he said "tew" again :) of course, lucky for him, that just happens to be his favorite number! It's about the only number he will say. Once in a while he'll say "nine," but usually he will only say the number 2 - and he will say it over and over again. I've started that whole counting to three thing - which he has absolutely no concept of - but it does work because once I get to the number 2, he stops whatever it is he's doing and jumps around saying "tew...tew" :) I have no idea why he is so obsessed with the number two...



We got him a few new books (Bob the Builder, Curious George, and a frog counting book), a simon-says sit and spin and a huge tonka dumptruck. The sit and spin plays music and talks and he was terrified of it. We sat him on it and pushed one of the buttons and he started crying and ran from it :( It was too funny. He seems to be scared of new things a lot - but once he's seen them around for a while he will warm up to them - he was like that with his Monkey Chase and his Tickle Me Elmo and he plays with those things still... We turned off the sounds and he keeps checking it out - but I'll tell him to sit on it and he'll go to the doorway to the kitchen and sit down. Too funny. Just had to throw in the pic of him in my flip-flops, as he is still obsessed with walking around in everyone's shoes! ;) Too cute.

And of course, I can't really post a new blog without posting any new baby pictures!! I'm taking pics everyday of course - got to make sure to get a picture in every outfit!! ;) because they are all too damn adorable!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin ...
Beatrice is Beautiful and you look like a million bucks too!! (you certainly have your hands full) - thank goodness Maria is such a great helper!!
I hope to get Emma up here to work with me again soon so she can see all the updated pictures ... the only ones she saw were the first two. So, we'll get together here soon and "comment" together. Meanwhile, I'll print off a few of the shots on our color printer and take them home to her. Emma's adjusting very well to "junior high" - she just got accepted into the TAG program yesterday, so she's pretty excited about that.
So, you've got some "poopy" kids eh? Great story!!!! ;)
Keep up the good work!! Be sure and take a few moments for yourself too!!
Take care and congratulations again!!
Carol Anne

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Duncan!

Love,
Hadley