Friday, June 22, 2007

Bears, Deer and Dogs Oh My! :)

I forgot to mention in my last blog that the ultrasound estimated the baby's current weight at 4lbs 11oz. And it was also just one day off of my due date - by measurements they came up with Aug 10th (Emma's birthday). I guess the baby should be gaining about 1/2 an ounce a day from now until delivery. If I deliver on Aug 11th the baby should weigh approximately 7 lbs and 4 oz. Of course the estimation of weight by measurements can be off slightly. But I'm guessing the baby will be in the upper 6lb range or lower 7lb range. Duncan was 6lbs 8oz, and they say second babies usually weight a little bit more. We shall see :) Of course there are so many things they say... ;) supposedly, you carry girls higher and boys lower - I carried Duncan pretty high (or at least in the upper middle, but it felt like high), I'm carrying this one low. They also say that heartbeats in girls is higher - Duncan's was always in the 150's, this baby has been in the 140's mostly. They also say that you gain more weight in your legs, thighs and buttocks with girls - I would say I gained more in those areas with Duncan... So there you go - not everything "they" say is right :)

I actually saw my first bear of the season yesterday! It was a bear cub - it crossed the highway 2 cars in front of me and went off into the woods. At first I thought it was a big black dog, but when I got closer you could tell it was a bear cub because of the way it walked. It was pretty exciting :) I think I only saw a bear a couple of times last year and both of them were pretty far away. Amazingly, just before I saw the bear I almost hit a deer! At 2pm! It darted across the highway right in front of me! Usually I'm only on the lookout for deer around dusk (and I would be in the morning if I ever left the house in the am!).

Talked to Maria Wednesday evening. She had lots of fun with mom and Tiffany, and is currently having lots of fun with Emma and Carol Anne. I guess they went to eat at Panchero's Wed night! Grrr. :) That's twice Maria's been to Panchero's, I'm so jealous :) I'm just going to have to try to make my own Panchero's burrito at home. Of course it won't be the same, but we'll see how close I can get ;)

That idiot dog Jo-Jo is now eating the house!!! She started digging and eating away at the door trim the other day, and then she started on the siding next to the door!! If it wasn't for the fact that we just spent money on her getting her shots... ugh!! Now I have to watch her really good while she's outside. Can't have her eating the house!! I don't know what the attraction is - it must taste good or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enzo was eating our garage like that for a short time :( the vet told us it was pent up energy, so we started taking him on longer walks and that seemed to help b/c he doesn't do it anymore:) good luck . . . and watch out for bears!!