Monday, June 4, 2007

Summer Cut and Wolf Sighting!

It was an exciting weekend! Maria got to go on an all day trip. They had an area youth day, where the kids got to go fishing, do archery and shoot guns... sounds like something from up north eh? She had a blast. Didn't catch any fish, but caught plenty of ticks!

I got to go on an all-day excursion myself. I went out garage saling with 2 of my sister-in-laws and one of their daughters. Found some great stuff. Got tons of baby clothes! Some really nice stuff for really cheap prices! I probably spent about $20.00 and got two full bags of clothes!

Well, turns out Duncan did not have the Chicken Pox - it was prickly heat along with some hives. It could have been an allergic reaction to the ibuprofen - that was the only thing new he was exposed to. So we gave him some benedryl and it cleared up. We also decided that it was time for a summer hair-cut for him. He is such a sweat head! :) His hair was just getting so long again! And it's really thick. We thought about giving him a buzz-cut, but then just decided to cut it really short.

Since his hair-cut he has been taking his naps much better. Mike said he was probably too hot to get comfy, and I believe it. And I swear since his hair cut, he's also undergone a personality change. He seems a little freer :) he's twice as chatty and has started this hilarious fake laugh! He shrugs his shoulders and scrunches his head down and squints his eyes and either does this hissing kind of laugh or a hearty fakey one. It's a riot!





























I saw my first wolf on Sunday! We were on our way home from the store and way up on the highway we saw something running down the middle of the lane. It almost looked like a mirage, but when we got closer we could see that it was something running, couldn't tell whether it was a deer or a dog. Then when we came up on it, it was a wolf! It was beautiful! It was still quite young, and about the size of a very large adult dog. The fur was so neat! It was a mottled mix of colors - brown, gray, black, maybe some white in there - and it's tail was colored like a raccoon! It was a mottled gray with a black stripe down the middle of it! It was too cool. Mike asked if I had the camera, which I didn't, and we'd forgotten his cell phone, which is one that can take pics. Or at least didn't think there was a camera in the car! Of course as soon as we got home and I reached down to the floor to get my purse, my foot was touching Mike's camera!! Ugh!!! I was so mad!! I am going to just start taking my camera everywhere! There's too much to see around here.

No comments: