Friday, August 31, 2007

The Poopie Patrol :)

I think the best and most accurate card we got was from Aunt Candy - the card reads "Be careful with that new baby..." and on the inside: "It leaks." And boy does she!! ;) At her first checkup she had just spit up all over the table when the Dr. walked in and then 2 seconds later loudly let loose in her diaper! She had it coming out of both ends! When I was changing her diaper, the Dr said that her husband used to call their daughter (who just turned 1 the week Beatrice was born) the poop rocket, because one day when he was changing her diaper she started pooping and it shot across the room and hit the wall! The funny thing was later that night as I was changing her diaper for the 200th time that day... she damn near did the same thing, if I would have been standing just a hair closer... The first email I sent after she was born was to my friend Jane, and I told her what had happened that morning: "This morning was nuts! She had pooped, so I took her diaper off and she pooped again, then she peed and pooped again before I could get another diaper on her! ;) lol - then Duncan had a poopy butt, so I had Maria go take him to the crib to change him, set Beatrice on the changing table while I changed his poopy butt and she pooped again... and once again while I was changing her... my goodness!! ;) lol!! I hope that's not going to happen every day!" It was too hilarious! Thank God for Oxy Clean Baby!! It's just amazing how much she poops!! I looked in the book after the first week to see how many times it says they should poop because I was getting concerned. It said breastfed babies should poop 2-3 times a day or as often as every feeding... and that's Beatrice - poops with every feeding. Of course during the day she's wanting to eat every 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours... she's about the reverse of Duncan - he fed maybe every 3 hours during the day, then every 2 hours at night. She is very consistent with her 2 night feedings - 1am and 4:30am, which is really great! I'm not nearly as sleep deprived as I was with Duncan.

Anyway, her 1st checkup went really well! She's gained almost a pound and half an inch! :) Everything is looking good and going well! :)

Today was Mike's first day back to work. He actually got a week of paternity leave - which is pretty rare, most dad's have to take time off without pay - then he took almost 2 weeks of vacation. Of course he's been in and out of work and on the phone a lot with work business... it's funny how most people think their jobs are so important and they are so vital to the operation that everything will fall apart if they take time off... and then when they get back, they are somewhat disappointed to find that everything went smoothly and nothing went wrong... no major disasters took place... well that wasn't the case here - Mike had to deal with break-ins, thefts, and several people not showing up for work, not working and wanting to get paid for time they didn't work or not doing what they were supposed to be doing... etc... pretty unfortunate. Everytime he takes a day off something happens, or many things happen - and it was no different this time.



Anyway, Maria will be going back to school on Tuesday, so that will be my first day on my own ;) we'll see how things go... Actually, I'm sure they will go fine - Beatrice is really pretty content. She only gets fussy when she's hungry or has a poopy diaper :) Duncan on the other hand... He's really starting to test his boundaries. Last night was pretty funny - we told him to stay in the living room, so he would throw a toy into the kitchen and then stretch across the kitchen floor to get it, making sure to keep one foot in the living room. I think he's now realized that the baby is here for good. He keeps trying to get up in my lap when I'm feeding or holding Beatrice... but he still likes kissing her and checking out her piggies and hands. We got him a little baby doll - and he's taken to carrying it around giving it big kisses! :) And Mike had a great solution to two babies in the lap :) we went and got a monster recliner! It's hilariously huge! It looked pretty darn big in the store, but when we got it home - it is monstrously huge! :) But we love it!
Here's pics of Beatrice's first real bath! Mike got her undressed in her bouncy chair and the look on her face was just too hilarious! ;) She didn't mind her first bath too much, fussed a little, but I'm sure it felt good :)

No comments: