Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The countdown continues....






:) 10 days until my due date now! Less than two weeks! Of course I could still go over my due date, but I'm really hoping not to! There are about 4 or 5 others who all have due dates around now - according to the pregnant lady at the gas station... the postmaster's friend had hers last week... the lady at the gas station was due July 27th with her second, which is also a girl, but as of the 29th she was still waiting...




I previously had mentioned a little bit about the baby shower that Mike's family threw for me the weekend before last, I wanted to wait until I got some pics so that I could post them :) Got to say thanks to Fay for being so quick with the pictures!! :) I'm still waiting for pics from the baby shower my family threw for Duncan ;) Anyway, the baby shower was so much fun! The games were great! One game was to guess how big the belly was by tearing off a length of streamer... Mike's mom got it right on!! Followed closely by Lea, who was just about a 1/2 an inch too much... Then Terry Ann had enough streamer to wrap around probably 3 pregnant bellies ;) It was really fun! :)



We also played a game where we had to find the most pins in a bowl of rice :) and the best game, which I think I mentioned already, was one where Lea had mushed and microwaved a candy bar into a diaper and we had to guess what kind of candy bar it was! That was gross and hilarious!! Of course she chose a few with nuts and such ;) it looked pretty accurate!! ;)

There was so much good food, I ate entirely too much of all of it! :) you can see all the food on the table :)

The gifts were just awesome and adorable! Too much!! :) Mike's mom and Ashley and Alyssa got the baby a 5 piece layette, a pack of onsies, two sleepers, a package of flannel blankets, a package of receiving blankets! It was a huge bag full of beautiful things! :) Terry Ann and Pat got a mongo pack of diapers and wipes, which is awesome! I won't have to go shopping for diapers for the first few weeks! Fay, Addi, Lea, Steve and Michelle got a clothes basket full of goodies :) a princess robe, two pair of ruffle butt pants ;) onsies, blankets, a huge pack of bibs, pink hangers :) and probably other things that I'm forgetting! Candy got this huge bear with a hat on it and some headbands around the neck and the cutest rooster teether :) and Rene handmade a quilt and matching pillow that I'm absolutely in love with!!! :) The shower just turned out really nice and I was really glad that they had a shower for us :) They all put in a lot of work and we all had a great time! :) Now hopefully we'll be able to throw Lea a shower soon!!! :)

No comments: