Friday, July 27, 2007

15 Days and Counting...

Yes, I really still have 15 days to go before my due date :( That seems like forever! At this point I am so uncomfortable, 15 more days seems unbearable... of course it could very well happen sooner (which of course I'm hoping for!) or later (which I don't even want to think about!). I had my Dr's apt yesterday - a little more dilated, up to 2 1/2 cm! Yippee :) and the baby's head has dropped down further... I don't know if she can get any lower! And the Dr said she thought the baby was facing down, which is good - that's the optimal way for them to come out :) if they are "sunny side up" (facing upwards) you can have really bad back labor and it makes the turn much more difficult - they can get caught up in the birth canal. Which is exactly what I did to my mother ;) I don't think Duncan ever really dropped - I just don't remember being this kind of uncomfortable with him... It's just getting impossible to sit, stand or lay down! ;) I am so doing the pregnant waddle these days.

Duncan is continuing to add new words to his vocabulary on a daily basis. It's too cute :) such a wonderful age! :) A couple of weeks ago he started saying Wal-Mart when we pulled in to Wal-Mart... he says it "Mall-Mark." The other day we drove by it without stopping and he said "I see Mall-Mark" and he just kept saying that for about 20 minutes! It reminded me of when Abby used to say Old Navy "O Nay-nee." When I was telling Ally about Duncan saying Wal-Mart she said the same thing, that it reminded her of Abby. Abby was too funny, she would say "O Nay-nee" and if you would repeat it the same way she said it, she would get so mad and say, "No! I said O Nay-Nee!"

It is so hard to decipher what he's saying sometimes... sometimes he will say what sounds to be the same thing for two different things - he will say Piee for both play and potty... but the other day, almost the whole way home he said something sing-song like that sounded like "F*** a bucket," which of course was not what he was trying to say, but he just kept repeating it over and over again... Mike said he thought it sounded like he was saying "say goodbye kids," which it did sound like that a couple of times... I just have no idea what it could be. And I feel horrible that I can't decipher everything he says :) a mother is supposed to know these things. Tiffany was always so good at decoding what her kids were saying. But of course there was one story that she told me that I think of everytime I can't understand what he's trying to say - and that's when Abby (or maybe it was Elli) was asking for her "gackle" Tiff kept pulling things out of the diaper bag that sounded similar "cuddle," "blanket,"... etc... after a very long guessing game (what do you do with your "gackle")... they finally figured out she wanted her sunglasses.

Amazingly, the girls spent very close to 30 mins arguing about Maria not handing Emma the dustpan... I just let them go. I thought about intervening, because it was so annoying listening to them "just hand me the dustpan," "no, you didn't hand me the dustpan when I was sweeping the bathroom," "well you didn't ask me to"... etc... I don't even know how they resolved it, I think Emma finally had to go get it herself. If I would have intervened it would have meant taking a side, which I'm really trying to avoid doing. And in this case, who was right? Should I have told Maria just to hand her the dustpan (which is probably what I would have done) or should I tell Emma just to get it herself... glad I stayed out of that one and they eventually worked it out themselves...

No comments: