Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Baby Update and Silly Girls :)

First things first... Had my Dr's apt yesterday - lost a pound, baby is doing well, blood pressure was a little up when I first went in, but they checked again at the end of the appointment and it was back down. The Dr guessed that the baby would weigh probably right around 7lbs, but then she said she was no good at guessing ;) That's about what I estimated from the weight estimated at the ultrasound. And I'm actually a little further dilated - up to a whole 2cm! Still at 50% effaced and baby's head is still at -1 station. Man, it really feels like she is just going to pop out! It's so hard to walk with her head down there! I'm sure everyone really wanted to know all that... but anyway ;) even though I'm dilated, it just doesn't mean a whole lot - could be tomorrow, could be 3 weeks from now... but hopefully it's not this weekend - for one my Dr. will be out of town at a family reunion - so she said to wait at least until Monday. Secondly, we are going to have a lot of family up here for powwow - they are throwing me a baby shower on Saturday, which I really don't want to miss! :) Of course it would be really nice if I could have the baby before Emma leaves, she would like that... but then both Mike and Emma want her to be born on their birthdays! :) which of course would be cool. We will just have to wait and see, she will just come when she wants :)

The girls were too funny this morning - they came down with pillows stuffed into their pjs and at first I thought they were going to say they were pregnant :) but they said "I think we gained a little weight last night" LOL!! Had to take pictures of that one. I said it must've been all the Strawberry Shortcake we had for desert last night ;) They have actually done much better the past week at getting along, it's been really nice. Yesterday they helped sweep and mop the kitchen and bathroom and not one fight! :) It was great! Last week when I tried to have them sweep and mop it was all about who was getting to do more... so this time I assigned them their areas, which worked out a lot better, and they cooperated with each other on every task! Clearly, I need to provide more guidance to help head off arguments.

No comments: