Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pregnancy Ravings...

Just to let everyone know, I posted some new pictures on the photo website at http://groups.msn.com/thedemarrfamily
Today my mission was to get a car seat. We've put it off for a while, thinking we have all the time in the world... but now of course I'm starting to get really paranoid about not having everything - what if the baby comes early?
Of course I was paranoid about that with Duncan too, and I think I had absolutely everything about 2 mos before he was born! Had the crib, playpen, changing table, swing, everything set up and ready to go. Even drove around with the car seat in the car for probably a month before he was born. We were ready! ;) Of course Duncan was not early. I was really anxious. I was hoping to go early, especially since the Dr had predicted that he may very well weigh around 9 lbs at term. Maybe she said 8, but either way, I freaked out and all I could think about was that I had to have him early because most of the clothes I had were up to 8 or 10 lbs! I'd already taken all the tags off and washed them all (probably 2 mos early)...
Those last few weeks were such a miserable anxiety ridden wait! Poor Mike, there was one night that I was having gas pains so bad I thought they were contractions and had him timing them! Right away we figured that they were too long and too close together to be contractions, so I took some gas medicine and sure enough that was it! ;) And after all that, Duncan was born on his due date and only weighed 6lbs 8oz.
After that whole ordeal I told myself that I would not expect an early baby again, and that I would not get all uptight about it and work myself into a frenzy thinking I had to have the baby early. And I haven't this time, but I still have 4 weeks to go. Now I'm just worried about going early. I don't have everything ready yet. I did get the clothes ready a week or so ago. And we had everything except the car seat, it's just not all set up yet. And I'm not concerned about weight this time - I bought very few things new - just the coming home outfit and some gowns. Everything else was given to me or I purchased cheap and used from eBay.
What I'm most worried about this time is Duncan. He really has no idea what it coming! :) I don't know how he'll do without me around for a couple of days, and then to top it off coming home with a little baby. He must already know something is up, he's been really cranky and full of attitude lately. And amazingly he has peed all over his crib sheets just about every time I've taken his diaper off! He has so rarely done that - and in the past 4 days he's done it at least 6 times! It's almost like he's waiting for me to change him to pee. Maybe he is ready for potty training??
In the past couple of weeks he has gotten much more verbal - I think it has a little to do with his watching the teletubbies and getting the talking teletubbies dolls. He told Mike his "piggies" were toes. He'll put his hands on his head and say "head" - trying to do "head, shoulders, knees and toes" like the teletubbies do. He'll do the motion for shoulders, but won't say it. He did say "knees" last night. And he will bounce and crouch for knees and toes. He actually started saying "Emma" when we were on the way home from picking the girls up in Sparta, but in just the past couple of weeks he's been saying "Mia" for Maria. He's too funny because he actually yells her name. She'll go upstairs or outside and he'll start yelling for her. Last night he said plain as day "I pooped, I pooped" and ran to his bedroom for a diaper change, of course there was no poop in his diaper, but maybe he was practicing.
Last night he put on Maria's flip flops and had them between his toes and everything and walked around in them for a good half an hour! Now that's some skill! :) He just got the biggest kick out of himself.

No comments: