Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Girls, Girls, Girls...

I had just talked to my mother and sister and told them how impressed I was with the girls' behavior over the past couple of weeks... the first couple of weeks they were bickering non-stop from the time they got up in the morning until the time they went to bed. Everything was a major ordeal. I stopped trying to mediate and started ignoring them and started delegating who got to do which part, and that seemed to work rather well. They were down to a few minor spats a day - over who got to sit where, who got to do what first etc... but not the exaggerated blow ups over such minor issues they had been having...
Then last night after dinner... these docile, delicate, fragile creatures (yes, that's completely sexist--but it's what society would have you believe and it is still how little girls are treated) had a dog poo war! Yes, you read it right, these girls were flinging dog poop at each other!!
I went out into the yard to put Duncan in his swing and Emma was getting out the pooper scooper and Maria said "be careful, there's dog poop all over" I figured she meant a couple of piles by the swing set - for some reason, all around the swing set is Sally's preferred area for defecation... at least Jo-Jo goes along the fence line... anyway I didn't really think much of it and was pushing Duncan in his swing when Maria told me that Emma put dog poop in a velcro paddle thing they have for a tennis ball that sticks to it... and that Maria had gotten dog poop all over her hands... I told Emma that was disgusting and that she wasn't going to watch TV today... I asked Maria if she washed her hands, which of course she hadn't... so while she was in washing her hands I was really lecturing Emma about how that wasn't funny, it was gross... etc... after a few minutes of harsh lecturing from me she fessed up and said that she only did it because Maria had put dog poop on a stick and threw it at her and it had hit her... and that's when I really noticed all the little bits of dog turds all over the yard!! It became quite clear that it wasn't just the two incidents, they had been flinging dog poo at each other - an all out dog poo war! Needless to say, neither of them are watching TV today... and we had them wash up and sent them to bed early! Unbelievable! Girls throwing dog poop at each other!
Anyway, to change the subject (I know you're all thinking please change the subject!) it is supposed to be miserably hot and humid for the next few days here :( I'm just so not looking forward to that. The past week it has been really nice weather and I've really been enjoying it. My feet and ankles haven't been getting too swollen and I've been able to get a lot of housework done. I've been keeping up on the dishes for the most part, which is an amazing accomplishment for me :) Mostly because I keep thinking I could go into labor any day now and do not want my house to be a pigsty! :) Of course I still have 18 days to go until my due date... and plenty to keep me busy and distracted from thinking about it :)

1 comment:

A Christian Mom said...

OMG! I wold've died! lol Thank you for stopping by my blog!