Thursday, July 12, 2007

More Pregnancy Ravings...or rantings...

Had my Dr's apt yesterday - going every week now. Gained 3 lbs, but the Dr said it was probably mostly water weight, retaining a little water... The baby dropped and is down there and ready to go. I have to say that I am getting anxious now, trying not to be, but... I'm ready to be done with all the swelling, the fatigue, the inability to get comfortable at night to sleep, having to get up 20 times a night to pee, having severe heartburn, being constipated, having to eat by 8:30am or else throw up (yes amazingly still), having leg cramps all night and then having sore calf muscles during the day from the cramps at night, being scatter-brained as heck and not being able to keep things straight or focused... (admittedly, sometimes i have that problem while not pregnant - but pregnancy surely enhances it!), not being able to sit/stand for more than short periods of time... the backaches, the pelvic pressure---- is there anything else I could possibly complain about pregnancy wise?? Oh yeah, almost forgot the leaking urine every time I cough, sneeze or lift anything. That should about cover it. All those things, I'm really ready to be done with. Phew.
But all of that said, I guess I'm not really ready for the whole labor and delivery part. No one can ever fully prepare you for that one. Of course after your first you have a much better idea of what to expect. But it would be nice to be able to skip that part altogether ;) I can see why some women decide to do a planned c-section. But really, I would rather not do it that way - longer and more painful recovery time... not as good for mother or baby. And more potential for problems... both my sister and sister-in-law had to go back a week or so later with problems from the c-section...
Anyway, all complaints aside, it is really one of the most wonderful things in the world to feel that baby moving and kicking inside you - even when it hurts ;) You get so used to feeling those movements that it's really strange not to feel them once the baby is born. It's an addictive feeling. That's probably why it's so easy for women to forget the horror of childbirth and want to get pregnant again. I, as well as my sister, while in labor, thought How in the world could mom have put herself through this 5 times!!?? Once is too much! But really, once that baby is put in your arms, you are just so happy and relieved that you really do start forgetting about how painful the labor and delivery were. Or at least until you are getting close to delivering again! :) Then it all comes back, and you think What was I thinking?? :)

No comments: